* Primer Picker has been removed - KASPar by Design (KBD)
Thank you for your enquiry into the use of PrimerPicker. As you have noticed, we have updated our website with the aim of making the services we provide, more clearly accessible. As part of our website redesign, we made the decision to remove PrimerPicker as a design tool from our website and replace it with our KASP by Design or KASP on Demand service below.
This gives a number of advatanges over Primer Picker :-
- Assurance over the quality of oligos used in the KASP system. The single most common reason for failure of badly performing assays is the quality of the Oligo. Our KBD product provides high quality oligos in a speedy manner to you.
- The ability to have anything between one and thousands of sequences designed at one time rather than one by one. - All three oligos re combined and shipped to you labelled minimising set up time.
Assay design and manufacture service
KBiosciences has carried out literally 100,000's of successful assay designs to date. KASP by Design offers the most cost effective approach to getting your marker specific assay. It does not guaranatee a working assay but does guarantee the highest qulaity of Oligonucleotides possible We have introduced the KBD product offering to replace the on-line primer picker submission tool. The reason for this is that a large amount of technical support was required, predominantly due to poor oligo supply. KBD assays are sourced from KBioscience's trusted supplier and are therefore of the highest quality.
The KBD service entails the following
- E-mail us your sequence(s) of interest
- The design of the assay and the ordering of the Oligos is carried out in the KBioscience LIMS
- The oligonucleotides arrive & are combined to form an assay using 2D barcoded tubes
- The assay is shipped to the customer along with the 2D barcode, and name.
Typically we are able to achieve a success rate of >95% design rate for all assays. The expected success rate for these assays in your laboratory will depend upon a number of factors such as DNA quality, genome complexity and genome size. However, the large amount of experience of assay development at KBioscience would indicate this should be in excess of 75%.
The assay aliquots will provide sufficient assay mix to genotype a guaranteed minimum of >2500 reactions at 10ul per reaction, or 5000 reactions when using 5ul sized reactions
To submit assays to our KBD service please fill in our customer application form (click here) (if applicable). Sequences along with customer details should then be e-mailed using the SNP submission form (click here) to email@example.com
KBD turnaround times are an estimated delivery of 1-2 weeks
|KASP By Design – Non Validated SNP assay|
|Number of KBD assays||Product Code|
|KASP-On-Demand – Validated SNP assay|
|Number of KODassays||Product Code||Cost/assay STANDARD turnaround|
|Number of assays||Product Code||Cost/assay FAST turnaround|